At Lumina Datamatics, we focus on creating a smarter business for a stronger world. The nature of our operation has significantly less impact on the environment. We are in the BPM-ITES sector, and all our processes are online without any print output. Thus, our carbon footprint is negligible. We strictly follow the National Voluntary Guidelines (NVGs) on Social, Environmental, and Economic Responsibilities of Business (NVGs), released by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
We have implemented e-waste management strategies that promote e-waste minimization, reuse, recovery, and recycling procedures wherever possible.
Our main aim is to develop a sustainable society by ensuring that e-waste is managed naturally and responsibly to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
Our company follows all the following major applicable environmental regulations in India:
- The National Green Tribunal Act, 2010
- The Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1981
- The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974
- The Environment Protection Act, 1986
- E-waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011
Power / Electricity Conservation
Energy is precious; we protect the environment by saving energy. Energy conservation measures are taken at Lumina Datamatics to reduce the environmental impact on our society.
These steps include
- Replacing the lights with LEDs at all locations.
- Switching off all the computers and non-critical equipment when not in use.
- Optimized air conditioners with regular servicing.
- Use of Daylight wherever possible in offices.
Electric Vehicle & Transportation
Our eco-friendly electric vehicle is a long-term investment as we contribute towards the larger story of protecting the environment.
This vehicle operates out of the Chennai and Puducherry locations to transport our clients and personnel. This drive ensures to make the world a better place one kilometer at a time.
Moreover, we encourage our employees to use the company bus facility rather than their vehicles to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
E-waste recycling can potentially reduce environmental hazards and pollution. Besides, it can protect our lives and other living beings existing in this world. E-waste recycling helps to recover and reuse any type of electrical or electronic equipment that has been discarded. This, in turn, prioritizes environmental protection and preserves natural resources.
At Lumina Datamatics, all electronic wastes are disposed of in an environment-friendly manner, following e-waste disposal methodologies, which helps us to maintain a clean and sustainable environment.
Plastic doesn’t decompose. It ends up in landfills, oceans, and streams. Thus, it’s polluting oceans, killing wildlife, and causing health hazards.
Lumina Datamatics encourages employees to use non-plastic items whenever possible to avoid maximum plastic usage.
Other Environment Conservation Activities
It’s essential to stop the destruction of our ecosystem caused by pollution and human activities. Lumina Datamatics keeps no stone unturned to ensure that environment conservation activities are performed within the office premises.
Here are a few examples
- We provide limited access to office printers to save paper usage.
- Invoices/vouchers are processed digitally through portals to save paper.
- We reuse incoming packaging materials, such as reusing envelopes, whenever possible for internal purposes.
- All contracts are preserved and kept in the digital repository, which sustainably minimizes the printing of documents.
- Onsite rooftop solar systems have been installed on top of the three buildings of the Chennai IT Park, where our office is located.
- We are always focused on reducing SCOPE-1, and SCOPE-2 carbon dioxide emissions and are aligned with the “green energy” initiative of various state governments.