Students and instructors around the world are increasingly reliant on online educational materials. These materials come in a wide variety of content types, and are available in just as many unique platforms. But one thing remains consistent—as providers of educational content, we have a responsibility to make sure materials are accessible to all types of learners, regardless of ability.
Lumina Datamatics offers numerous services to help make your existing online content accessible. Our experienced team also provides editorial, media, design, and production services for future accessibility needs, ensuring online learning materials are born accessible.
- Closed captioning and transcript writing, reviewing, and quality assurance
- Ingestion or embedding of closed captions and/or transcripts into media assets
- Alternative text writing, editing, and quality assurance (both long and short descriptions; covering virtually all subject areas)
- ADA-compliant file creation of various file types (PPT, Word, etc.), taking into account composition, layout and scaffolding, color/contrast, font choices, alt text descriptions, and readability via text-to-speech function
- Review and conversion of various file types (InDesign, PDF, MS Word, etc.) for compliance with WCAG 2.1
- Job Access with Speech (JAWS) testing to ensure all elements are read clearly and in the correct order by e-reader devices
- Web and multimedia accessibility review and remediation, using a variety of web accessibility checkers (WAVE, aXe, SortSite, etc)
- Project management oversight from start to finish