Learning and education have evolved. Institutions and organizations have utilized various tools to educate learners in every facet possible. Essentially, the goal is to inspire students using the tools of technology and improve their learning capacity.
Businesses have embraced the potential of immersive technologies and, specifically, augmented reality (AR). AR adds digital elements onto a smartphone or mobile device’s screen by inserting 3D objects, sounds, videos, and graphics into the user’s surroundings.
Various industries ranging from health care to education have already started harnessing the power of AR. It’s estimated that the AR market will achieve over $75 billion in revenue.
Lumina Datamatics believes that combining education, gaming, and technology can provide engaging experiences that not only transform your business but capture a whole new audience and bring in new revenue opportunities.
Augmented reality layers interactive, virtual enhancements atop an existing reality. AR is developed into apps and used on mobile devices that blend digital components.
Virtual reality (VR) is an artificial, computer-generated simulation or recreation of a real-life environment or situation. It immerses the user primarily by stimulating their vision and hearing.
- VR is typically achieved through wearable hardware, like Facebook’s Oculus, HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, or Microsoft HoloLens (also capable of AR).
- VR is used to create and enhance an imaginary reality for gaming and viewable entertainment. VR gaming can make actions lifelike and turn real environments into virtual landscapes.
- VR is also used for simulated environments for professionally based training – flight simulators, language learning, and other use cases.
Mixed reality (MR) is a mix of VR that offers a digital recreation of a real-life setting and AR, which delivers virtual elements as an overlay to the real world.
- Simulation-based learning
- 2D and 3D animations
- 2D and 3D interactivities
- AR app development and monetization
- Virtual classrooms
- VR hosting services
- Learning management system (LMS) integration
- Gaming capabilities