You have heard that old saying that ‘Content is King.’ It’s true. It’s very true. Nothing says more about a publisher or publishing service provider than the content that they produce or distribute to the audience at large. In the publishing industry, what started out as books has now become content. Businesses all across the world depend on content to distribute their products and attract viewers to visit their website. From fortune 500 companies to ecommerce sites to local businesses, content is the key to greater profits and an even better return on investment. In order for your company to be profitable, here are some ways that businesses can use content to their advantage.
- Making Actionable Content – One of the basic rules of marketing is to create an inviting image or text that will prove enticing to the audience or reader. Now, this is the not true for most organizations. They’re always lacking something special that will convert their website into a revenue earner. It’s not just text but even images as well. Both ends of the spectrum matter. More businesses are using publishing service providers for content creation and enhancement as it is integral to the entire business. Images are enhanced on request and content is created with the intention of gaining readers and turning them into leads.
- Going Mobile – As the world has changed, so has the medium in which readers or customers consume their content. For businesses, technology has allowed them to go places they never thought possible in the past. Mobile content and its distribution have proved to be valuable resource for most businesses. For 2017, the number of smartphone users in the United States is estimated to reach 222.9 million, with the number of smartphone users worldwide forecast to exceed 2 billion users by that time. By effectively using mobile content in concurrence with an expanding social media presence, business growth can be achieved.
- Interactive Media – Content has grown exponentially into many different areas of the publishing hemisphere. Technologies like 3D, virtual reality, augmented reality, flash, audio & video mediums have also sought to be taken seriously as forms of content. Thanks to YouTube, video content has taken a lead as a great marketing tool for businesses worldwide. Video is projected to claim more than 80% of all web traffic by 2019 and mobile video consumption grows by 100% every year. By having a strong video content management strategy, it can promote brand recall and also boost the SEO of the website. Video is slowly becoming a valuable tool to create lasting impact on the audience with healthy returns.
- Content Monetization – More and more publishers stand to gain by monetizing their unused assets or a backlist of their old titles. In the meantime, publishing service providers have sought to fill this by providing platforms that act as intermediaries between publishers all across the world. All of these platforms are unique in some form or the other, with some allowing content creators to store, search, review, buy, sell, and manage visual assets.
- Resource Centre – When businesses enlist content management services, they can turn their website into a resource hub. For instance, if it’s a local restaurant, they can have a weekly blog detailing recipes or promoting some local event. In any case, it’s all about getting repeat readership which can translate into sales and better profits.
Content is the way of everything and will continue to define the future in every shape or form. By providing engaging and thought-provoking content, companies can see profits soar not just in the short-term but possibly a lifetime.