JOURNAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Lumina Datamatics, specialize in addressing challenges faced by scholarly, scientific and academic publishers and help deliver scientific content efficiently and in a cost-effective way. We leverage technology and expert editorial and project management capabilities to deliver high-quality content at a faster turnaround.
FULL-SERVICE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
At Lumina Datamatics, we greatly value our relationships with publishing partners. We thrive at relationship building and constantly strive to build trust through best practices and excellent communication. Basic project management services include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Act as a one-point contact during the initiation and set-up stage
- Define the scope of the project and create plan
- Implement the project plan and ensure perfect execution
- Ensure the right file/workflow management systems are in place
- Expose the client to Lumina’s management systems in the right measure
- Effective and timely communication
- Author-liaison on proof/corrections activity
- Printer management for test runs and delivery
- Online host for delivery and online QC
- Customer contact for progress reports, updates, and troubleshooting
- Quality Control
- Record feedbacks
- Review/suggest corrective actions
- Time management
- Define schedule per project’s requirements
- Track the lifecycle of articles
- Ensure schedule is met
- Revisit process/technology for enhancements
- Objective-driven process improvement
- Maintain project information base
- Risk identification and management
PEER REVIEW MANAGEMENT
- Handle peer review management process via platform
- Manage manuscript completeness check at submission
This involves clean-up, auto styling, and structuring of the document. Pre-editing further involves reference editing and document verification.
This involves various levels of copyediting.
- Level 1 (compliance with journal style)
- Level 2 (correct grammatical errors, spelling, and punctuation errors)
- Level 3 (suggest and correct right usage of sentences)
We can deploy multiple delivery models for editorial based on client request.
- Onshore, or
- Hybrid (Mix of both onshore and offshore)
This is done at the author proof stage. This includes validating links, checking table format, and artwork captioning, and also performing cold read on the proof to ensure proper grammar usage.
This involves preparation of author index, subject index based on metadata, and chronological Index.
XML conversion involves content transformation as required across generic and proprietary mark-up language, which is well integrated with the organization’s workflow. Lumina Datamatics has developed expertise in converting any form of input file (word, PDF, application files, or even hardcopy) to any required output file (XML, EPUB, …).
We use high-quality scanners to produce high-quality outputs from almost any kind of inputs. We use our proprietary data capture tools to capture English and even Non-English languages with high accuracy. Lumina Datamatics uses its proprietary Word-based template for the styling and conversion process of all projects. Lumina Datamatics uses its proprietary tool for browsing, content integrity check, and validation.
Manuscript Assessment and Reporting System (MARS): MARS is an automated online platform powered by machine learning (ML) to evaluate and score manuscript content and to identify possible errors, generate a manuscript assessment summary assisting authors and publishers to fix possible errors before peer review.