JOURNAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Lumina Datamatics specializes in addressing challenges faced by scholarly, scientific, and academic publishers to deliver scientific content efficiently and in a cost-effective way. We leverage technology and expert editorial and project management capabilities to deliver high-quality content at a rapid turnaround.
FULL-SERVICE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
At Lumina Datamatics, we greatly value our relationships with our publishing partners. We thrive at relationship building and constantly strive to build trust through best practices and excellent communication. Basic project management services include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as a one-point contact during the initiation and set-up stage
- Define the scope of the project and create a project plan
- Implement the project plan and ensure perfect execution
- Ensure the right file and workflow management systems are in place
- Expose the client to Lumina’s management systems in the right measure
- Conduct effective and timely communication
- Author-liaison on proof and corrections activity
- Printer management for test runs and delivery
- Online hosting for delivery and online quality control
- Customer contact for progress reports, updates, and troubleshooting
- Perform quality control
- Record feedback
- Review and suggest corrective actions
- Handle time management
- Define schedule per project’s requirements
- Track the lifecycle of articles
- Ensure schedule is met
- Revisit process and technology for enhancements
- Conduct objective-driven process improvement
- Maintain project information base
- Offer risk identification and management
PEER REVIEW MANAGEMENT
- Handle peer review management process via our platform
- Manage manuscript completeness check at submission
This involves clean-up, auto styling, and structuring of the document. Pre-editing further involves reference editing and document verification.
Lumina Datamatics offers various levels of copyediting.
- Level 1 (ensuring compliance with journal style)
- Level 2 (correcting grammatical errors, spelling, and punctuation errors)
- Level 3 (suggesting and correcting right sentence usage)
We deploy multiple delivery models for editorial based on client request.
- Onshore, or
- Hybrid (mix of onshore and offshore)
This is done at the author proof stage. This includes validating links, checking table format, artwork captioning, and a cold read on the proof to ensure proper grammar usage.
This may involve preparation of an author index, a subject index based on metadata, and a chronological index.
XML conversion involves content transformation as required across generic and proprietary markup languages, which is well integrated with our organization’s workflow. Lumina Datamatics has developed expertise in converting any form of input file (Word, PDF, application files, or even hardcopy) to any required output file (XML, EPUB, etc.).
We use high-quality scanners to produce high-quality outputs from almost any kind of input. We use our proprietary data capture tools to capture English and even non-English languages with high accuracy. Lumina Datamatics uses its proprietary Word-based template for the styling and conversion process of all projects. We use a proprietary tool for browsing, content integrity check, and validation.
Content Authoring Publishing System (CAPS): Lumina Datamatics’ Content Authoring and Publishing System (CAPS) enables publishers to create, edit, and proofread content and deliver it across print, online, and digital channels.
Manuscript Assessment and Reporting System (MARS): MARS is an automated online platform powered by machine learning (ML) to evaluate and score manuscript content and to identify possible errors. MARS generates a manuscript assessment summary, assisting authors and publishers to fix possible errors before peer review.